Verizon FiOS FAQs
Here are some of the most common Verizon FiOS FAQ. Read on before you order FiOS.
- I have multiple televisions at home; do I need a set-top box in every TV to enjoy FIOS?
Yes, a set-top box is required for each television to be able to receive Verizon FiOS programming. There are adapters, cable cards and other equipment that may be installed according to your needs; your Verizon representative will be able to help you out.
- I have a cable-ready television; do I need a set-top box?
This will be determined on the installation date. However, it is recommended that you have a Verizon FiOS set-top box to receive all the programming and perform important functions of the service.
- Will I be reminded of my installation date?
Yes, Verizon will be giving you a call, emails and a post card reminding you of your installation date. Be sure to provide a can be reached number upon ordering. Call Verizon should you have changes in your installation details.
- How long do I have to wait for installation?
Upon ordering, you will be provided with a date and time frame on when the technician will arrive. A typical installation will be done after 4 to 6 hours.
- Do I need to rewire my cable installation for FiOS?
The technician will need to test your connection first to determine if changing the wires is necessary.
- Will I be charged an activation fee?
There is a one-time activation fee upon installation.
- How many TVs will I get at no charge? May I ask for additional TV outlets?
You get installation of up to 3 TVs with existing coaxial outlets for free along with programming of the remote control for all 3 televisions.
- What will my first bill look like?
The first bill will consist of a portion of the monthly charge, an amount from the date of installation to the last day of the billing cycle and a month in advance.
- What is a promotional period?
You will be billed the existing rates for your service.
- Can I make changes to may account information?
Yes, this is done through Verizon official website at www.verizon.com or by phone at 1-800-VERIZON.
- How to call for technical problems?
You may also check out the website for technical concerns or by phone. Any service or technical concerns must be reported as soon as possible.
- What are other Verizon FiOS services?
Contact a Verizon representative for more details of other services available in your area.
- Where Do I get a Verizon Fios promotion code ?
Right from us here of course, we have all the latest Verizon Fios promo codes available